- Prior to observing with the 14" telescope, students must read the
(a postscript document) and be given a run-through by the TA or instructor.
- All students must work in groups of at least 2 at the telescopes.
- No more than 3 students should be in the 14" dome at any time while
- The intercom must be on at all times while students are working in both
the 14" dome and the warm room.
- No telescopic observations may start unless the TA or instructor
- The CCD camera may be used only under the direct supervision of the TA
- Under no cases may the 14" dome be opened under rainy conditions,
when rain is imminent, when the dome is wet, or when the sky is foggy.
If in doubt, ask the TA or instructor.
- Students working at night are encouraged to carry flashlights.
- The 14" relescope may never be used during daytime, except to obtain
- Solar observers must know how to inspect the mylar filter for pinholes
or tears, and must do so before using it.
- Never look directly at the Sun. This can cause blindness or other
permanent eye damage.