AST 248: The Search for Life in the Universe
Updated 18 June 2019
- Welcome to the Fall 2019 semester.
- On tests and quizzes, please identify yourself using your 9 digit Stony
Brook ID. Do not use your 5 digit PIN number.
- PIN numbers will not be given out by e-mail or over the phone, or at class.
Please bring your ID to office hours (either prof Walter or one of the TAs).
- Quizzes not picked up in class can be retrieved at the TA office during
- Astronomy Club
Interested in Astronomy? Join the SBU Astronomy Club. Details at
Club web site.
- The Department offers public open nights,
with a popular lecture on an astronomical topic, generally on the first
Fridays of the month (when classes are in session).
The first Open Night of the semester will be given by
Dr. Doug Swesty on Friday September 6 at 7:30 PM in ESS 001.
This will be followed by public viewing through the 14'' telescope.
More details are available at
Night web page.
- On occasion the Geosciences Open Nights may be relevant to our interests.
Science Announcements and Articles in the Popular Press